Marion Harding Sports Medicine created an 8-week fitness challenge a couple years back and named it the “Little Man Challenge”, in honor of my son. We have since rebooted the challenge and would like to offer it to all area schools, student-athletes, coaches, teachers, and parents/guardians. Special thanks to my family and friends for assisting with creating the videos.
Week1 starts on Monday, May 18, 2020. Workouts will then be released each Monday for the next eight weeks.
There will be 4 workouts per week. The structure for each workout will be the same:
- Dynamic Warm-Up
- Warm-Up Activity
- The Workout. The majority of these workouts will be circuit training workouts. Perform each exercise in order then rest for 2 minutes. Repeat 3-5 sets. Remember: there is minimal rest between exercises with a circuit training. You will move from one exercise to the next. Take advantage of the 2 minute breaks!
- Workout #1: Speed & Agility
- Workout #2: Strength & Power
- Workout #3: Plyometric
- Workout #4: Get Better Day. You get to choose 5-7 exercises from earlier in the week that you want to improve. This will always be a circuit training day. We want to make sure that you are pushing yourself to be better, get creative and have fun!
- Cool Down Activity (be creative!)
- Static Stretches (upper body and/or lower body)
- Education Topic(s): We want to make sure that we talk about injury prevention, nutrition, hydration and other important topics. We are always open to answering questions.
See enclosed attachments for:
*Overview Fitness Challenge 2020
*Week One Fitness Challenge 2020
Good Luck & Work Hard!
Tim Brown AT, ATC, CSCS, CES, PES, FMSC
OhioHealth Sports Medicine
Marion Harding Sports Medicine